Life has been pretty hectic lately. I think I’m also experiencing some sort of writer’s block. I don’t know what to write and nothing seems to inspire me. But I don’t want to dull this blog further so today I thought I’d instead share with ya allz my Indonesian Style Orange Chicken recipe! This recipe is modified and translated from an Indonesian recipe book I bought a few years ago. They actually named this recipe Steak Chicken with BBQ Sauce but it tastes nothing like it! In fact, it tastes more like Asian Sweet and Sour Chicken??!!! It might not be healthiest but it sure is a comforting meal I love to indulge once in a while…
Sometimes, I’d add a humongous amount of carrots and broccoli to ensure I get all my daily greens.
So here’s the recipe:
For the marinade:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
For the sauce:
- 100ml (0.4) cups of tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut chicken into pieces and coat with the marinade ingredients
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes (or a day)
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large cooking pan
- Add chicken breasts, pan-fry until half cooked and stir in the sauce
- Cook thoroughly and serve with boiled potatoes, brocolli, carrots, corn etc.
Note: you can also add carrots or other vegetables to the pan before stirring in the sauce.