I’ve been a fan of Ambitious Kitchen for a while now. Her recipes have never failed me and I love how easy they are! Two days ago, I was craving for good energy bites and finally made them with her recipe. As usual, they never disappoint!
Here’s the recipe with some changes to some ingredients. (Click here for the original recipe)
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons pure honey syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 2.5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
Instructions (With some changes made):
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, chia seeds and cacao nibs. Set aside.
- Add dates and water and blend with a blender. Process a few times until dates begin to break down a bit and form a paste. Next add in honey, vanilla and peanut butter; blend again until it begins to look like a wet cookie dough and ingredients are well combined. I used the “grind” option from the blender.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. I like to use my hands because it’s much easier to get everything mixed well. I know it’s a little messy, so my advice is to coat your hands with a small amount of coconut oil so that the dough doesn’t stick. Once the ingredients are well combined, form into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze for 15 minutes before storing them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- According to the original recipe, this recipe makes 15 energy bites. I made 24! I guess because I rolled them really tiny…
- Balls will last for 5-7 days or can be frozen for up to a month.
Note: If you make 24 balls like I did, 1 ball will be about 90 calories. Please STOP at 4 just in case you exceed your daily calories intake! I love it so much I was so tempted to eat them all…
Let me know what you think of these yumz bites!!!