I love simple recipes. Complicated instructions and >5 ingredients are annoying because I tend to get terribly impatient and the aftermath is a horrendously messy kitchen counter (lol i typed country. Kitchen Country… haha)
So let me share with you my 3-ingredient Chocolate Bliss Ball Recipe and here’s a toast to us lazy bums who strongly believe that everything should be simple, not complicated!
Plus tomorrow is Valentine’s Day so this recipe could make a great gift for your loved ones! It’s quick, easy, delicious and cheap.
You’re very welcome. It’s my pleasure to save you from purchasing expensive, last-minute useless gifts.
Oh, if you are single – that’s good – you get to enjoy these sweet little magic energy balls for yourself. Please eat sparingly, lest you get high on sugar.
Here’s why you’d love these energy balls:
- They are vegan-friendly
- They satisfy your chocolate cravings
- They are paleo-friendly
- They really taste like brownies sans the sugar, eggs and milk!
- They are less guilty than your store-bought brownies
- 1.5 cups walnuts or mixed walnuts and almond nuts
- 1 cup pitted dates / prunes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Grind nuts in a food processor / blender until finely ground.
- Add dates and cocoa powder into mixture. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Roll mixture firmly into 20 balls. (I managed to make 19 balls. In the picture, there are only 18 because I got hungry and ate one).
Recipe adapted from: Paleogrubs.com
- Pack the bliss balls in a gift bag – you can get gift bags from Daiso (super cheap and cute!).
- Tie the gift bag with a ribbon and make a handmade card!